Preferred Hotels & Resorts has announced the addition of 13 new member hotels from May 1 through August 31, 2020. These recent additions mark 39 new member hotels to join the brand’s global portfolio in the first eight months of the year—a strong indication that more owners and operators are going independent in this evolving era for travel, Preferred says.
Highlights of the new additions include:
- Pendry West Hollywood (West Hollywood, CA) – Located on the Sunset Strip, Pendry West Hollywood is one of the most anticipated new developments in Los Angeles. The hotel—set in a glass-fronted building with interiors by Martin Brudnizki Design Studio—comprises 149 guestrooms and 40 residences. Wolfgang Puck has created a culinary experience for the property’s signature restaurant. Other features include a rooftop pool and bar with cabanas, Spa Pendry offering personalized wellness treatments, a bowling alley, screening room, live music venue and art exhibitions showcasing local talent.
- Sangha Retreat by Octave Institute (Suzhou, China) – Located on the shores of Yangcheng Lake, Sangha Retreat by Octave Institute is a holistic health and wellness sanctuary designed by Fred Tsao. Combining Eastern philosophy and Western science, the 47-acre retreat encourages guests to embark on a personal wellness journey from the on-site clinic, healing spa and meditation dome to the custom food and beverage experiences. There are 68 lakefront suites and private villas incorporate unique touches, such as healing crystals in every room.
- Park Centraal Amsterdam (Amsterdam, Netherlands) – Housed in a historic iron foundry dating back to 1864, the newly rebranded Park Centraal Amsterdam offers a modern retreat steps from the city’s canals. The 189 guestrooms provide a taste of Dutch culture, including fresh local produce to try. The Tower Suite offers the best views of the city and has a round bed to enjoy the sights from every angle. Both visitors and locals alike can enjoy cosmopolitan dining at MOMO Restaurant, Bar and Lounge—touted as Amsterdam’s first upscale Asian-fusion restaurant.
- Azul Talavera Hotel (Puebla, Mexico) – Azul Talavera Hotel offers a “historical luxury experience” with 78 residential-style rooms and suites across two restored antique buildings with exposed stonework walls. Guests can enjoy four dining venues with market-to-table menus, including Pasquinel Bistrot for Mex-European dishes and the Rooftop Bar for custom crafted margaritas and sunset views. On-property experiences include cooking classes with local chefs, Mexican wine and tequila tastings, ancient healing treatments at Cobalto Spa, and an all-day rooftop pool.
- Santa Catalina, a Royal Hideaway Hotel (Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, Spain) – Set in the capital of the Canary Islands, Santa Catalina, a Royal Hideaway Hotel has been a landmark of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria life since 1890. The newly renovated 204-room property offers guests an opportunity to enjoy traditional cuisine at signature restaurant Poemas where the Michelin-starred Padrón brothers serve locally inspired plates. The Royal Suite—the property’s most exclusive accommodation—has a private terrace overlooking the Atlantic and palm tree-fringed gardens, two spacious bathrooms, including a designer bathtub, and exclusive access to the rooftop infinity pool and wellness studio, complete with Royal Concierge service.
Additional member hotels to join Preferred Hotels & Resorts since May 1 include:
- Corso 281 (Rome, Italy) – Housed in a former 18th-century baroque palace, this boutique hotel with 12 suites offers a home-like stay just steps from Rome’s historic and cultural sites.
- Chicago Silversmith Hotel & Suites (Chicago, IL) – Located in downtown Chicago, the contemporary hotel offers “refined luxury” across 144 chic guestrooms, a signature restaurant and lounge, and more than 4,400 square feet of meeting space.
- Seawood Hotel, Miyakojima Kurima Resort (Okinawa, Japan) – Surrounded by sugar cane and ocean views, the 169-guestroom resort offers a secluded and peaceful escape on the small island of Kurimajima.
- General’s Mansion (Xichang, China) – Set in Sichuan Province at the easternmost edge of the Tibetan Plateau, this lakeside retreat that was originally built during the Qing Dynasty now offers 25 guestrooms with an infinity pool and two restaurants.
- Galeria Plaza San Jeronimo (Mexico City, Mexico) – Launching in late 2020, just steps from the capital city’s top attractions, the new tech-forward hotel is ideal for both business and leisure travelers and has 151 rooms and suites, a roof garden and a swimming pool.
- The Drayton Hotel (Savannah, GA) – Situated a block from the Savannah River, within the walls of the historic American Trust and Bank Building, the 50-room property welcomes guests with elegantly-appointed rooms and Southern hospitality.
- BEYOND by Geisel (Munich, Germany) – Located on Munich’s Marienplatz Square, the 19-room hotel offers an idyllic location near the city’s iconic sites with gourmet dining options and luxurious guestrooms, including the largest suite in the city.
- The Wall Street Hotel (New York, NY) – Set in New York’s financial district, this soon-to-open 181-room boutique hotel will offer visitors an ideal location from which to explore the Big Apple.
All guests of these 13 new member hotels are eligible to enroll in I Prefer Hotel Rewards, which extends points redeemable for cash-value Reward Certificates, Elite status, and special benefits such as complimentary internet to members upon every eligible stay at more than 700 participating Preferred Hotels & Resorts locations worldwide.
Further, each of these new member properties represented within the Preferred Hotels & Resorts portfolio property is bookable via the brand website and travel advisors can book client stays clients on GDS using the “PH” and “PV” chain codes.